Tuesday, June 21, 2011

“Love is one of the hardest words to say and one of the easiest to hear”

I have boxes and boxes of cards that have been sent/given to me over the years – birthday, thank-you, just because, cancer, etc. As much as I love to receive these cards and read the heartfelt message written inside, I love even more going back years later and rereading them.  They always take me to a special place in my heart full of memories and love – it usually ends with me sitting and reading the whole box of cards and crying at some point through the box…I can’t help it.

I know it is hard to tell someone that you love them, that they are special, that they are a precious gift from God, that they make the world a better place out of the blue – I know it is hard to take that leap of faith and listen to your heart and just do it – honestly, I know. I feel sometimes when I send out cards that people are going to think I am officially crazy and chemo has gotten the best of me – especially when I don’t talk to them on a regular basis – I know it is hard.  But I try to go back to that place in my heart and remember how much I love hearing/reading these words and know in my heart that the people I am sending my cards to will love it just as much as me. 
If we could all just remember how much we love to hear/read special words told/written to us and how even if we received a postcard out of the blue from an unexpected someone that we wouldn’t think this person was odd for sending it, we would say a thank you in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment