Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 1 - From Sara

Sara sent me this email about Day 1 – I love it, her honesty about being nervous but excited it wonderfully true.

“Last night I sat down and was so excited to see the beautiful postcards you sent, how exciting! Then I looked around our study and noticed all the nice cards I had piled up – waiting for someone special to send them to – Why hadn’t I sent cards out in the past?
I made my list…wow, only 22 and a few have question marks next to their name; why? One person I immediately thought of sending to, I don’t have their address anymore, it’s going to take a little work! As for the names with question marks, is it that I don’t love them? No. But I don’t really know them anymore, our lives have grown apart over the years. Funny enough, a few family members (distant) passed through my head, the older members sounded like good ideas…but again, the younger members made me nervous – why do I care so much if they think I’m weird because I love them? Interesting process already…
I’m feeling a little uneasy sending my love. Seems so personal, what if they think I’m a dork? Can I send my “like”? Would I think they were odd if it was reversed? No. Time to get over my apprehension! Who doesn’t appreciate a little love and some “real” mail these days?!
First card going out tonight.
I actually had a passing thought that I might write a few cards to myself, for self-love, appreciation and reflection. What would I say to myself?”

I love the thought of sending one to yourself! We need to love ourselves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment