Monday, June 6, 2011

First Week thoughts -

From Michele:
 
"I am so excited about being a part of your project! I think it is so important to show the people we love that we love them and how much they mean to us. I made my list of people to send my post cards to the other day and have 34. The first several days have been easy but I think after a few more it will get more difficult. Not because I love some of the people on my list any less but because I don't really know how to express to them how I feel or don't want them to think I am "weird" for sending them a random note. I really tried to not only think of the people that I talk to on a regular basis but also those that I don't talk to much or those that I thought might need a little note of love. So far I have written a note every night. It has been good for me to sit down and have some quiet time and think about all the people in my life that I love. The other night was quite emotional for me when I sat down to write a postcard to my mom. It made me start thinking about how much love and appreciation I have toward both my parents. Then the question came up..."Can you send a postcard to Heaven?"...of course not but I sure wish you could. I don't think I truly told my dad how much I loved him and how much I appreciated everything he did for me and now I can't tell him. One reason is that I don't think I fully appreciated my parents until I became a parent myself. We need to tell everyone in our lives especially those closest to us how much we love them, appreciate them, admire them, etc frequently because you never know what the next day will bring. That is why I think this project is SO important and awesome!
Thanks for inviting me to be a part of this with you! I love you...you are an inspiration to so many!"
 
This really hit the spot for me.  I do wonder if what I am doing is helping anyone, is important, will ever get the word out there that it is so important to live from our hearts and this helps me know it is working and will continue to work.  I need to know that I need to continue to put myself out there too if I am expecting everyone else to do it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment